Friday, November 11, 2016

DIY Watercolor Palette for Plein Air and Urban Sketching

Plein air and urban sketching is all the craze nowadays for watercolor artists and enthusiasts. So, I said to myself, I wanna try doing it too and I'm gonna start by having my pocketable watercolor palette. I looked online for any small metal palettes but found them to be expensive for my liking, around Php 1000 or $20 and it doesn't come with paints or empty half pans for that matter. By chance though, I came upon an online seller who sells one for Php 100 or $2. An empty Pebeo watercolour metal palette that can house 12 or even 14 half pans.

it's around 2.75" x  5"
 


This one has minimal scratches and doesn't have any thumb ring but still looks great nonetheless. For its price, it's already a steal. Now, I only have to look for empty half pans and found them at The Opinionated Art Store selling only for Php 16 a piece.

I bought 12 half pans

time to fill them up with some of my old tubes


I'm still thinking and finalizing the colors to add for those empty ones. The other colors, on the other hand, are the same as the ones posted here. Now, I also need to have travel or water brushes and some pens, pencils and papers, etc...whew still a long list before hitting the road :( No worries, I'll try to gather 'em all up and update you guys!

Well, until my next post and until my first plein air!

No comments: